We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles June Wedding

Manchester
1 post
Save Topic
Seychelles June Wedding

Hi!

My fiance and I are planning to marry in the Seychelles next June. We'd tike to go for 12 nights and think we can probably only afford to stay on one or possibly two islands.

We'd really love to get married on an amazing beach and are trying to decide on which island/hotel would be the best. (We're thinking Praslin sounds lovely)Does anyone have any recommendations? It would be great to get some feedback from people who have been.

Thanks!

1. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:06 am, July 20, 2010
Cork, Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

Hi there,

I have just returned from the Seychelles where I married (Fishermans Cove in Mahe), I also stayed in Denis island for 3 nights - wish I had stayed longer !!

If I had my choice all over again I would have got married in Denis as the beach is absolutly amazing - turqoise waters and white sands, but bear in mind you will pay alot more for the services of photographer etc... as they have to stay over night on the island. Fishermans cove is a lovely hotel but lacks the ambiance that Denis has, also beach area is not that great, we were lucky - I had asked for the photographer to bring us to another beach which he kindly did.

I cant speak for the other islands but I believe that La Digue and Praslin are fantastic for weddings!

If you need any futher information let me know.

Lou

Sydney
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

Hi

I am originally from the Seychelles but currently live in Australia. Just went back to visit in June. This is the nicest time of the year - nice & cool, hardly any mosquitoes, only an occasional shower not torrential rain that happens around christmas/new year's time. Gets pretty windy & choppy seas in the south of the island though (eg:Anse Royale). Praslin & La digue are beautiful islands (2nd & 3rd largest respectively to Mahe). "Anse Lazio" in Praslin is a beach to die for, in La Digue it's "Source d'argent".

Denis island is of course spectacular, quiet & pretty private. On Mahe, Beau-vallon Beach (north of the island)is popular & calm at this time of the year. There are so many beautiful beaches to choose from- maybe just drive around the island (it'll take a couple of hours only- seriously) & choose. All the best

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

Hi,

When is the best time to visit the Seychelles for hot weather, not too much rain and calm sea for snorkelling in?

Many Thanks

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

I also married on Mahe in the Seychelles and it was the best day of my life so you have picked a good destination for your special day.

I would recommend a "two centre" break and perhaps marry on one island and then jet off after your wedding to your "honeymoon" island. We married on Mahe and then 2 days after jetted off to Bird Island for our honeymoon. Bird Island is wonderful - very "robinson crusoe", with deserted beaches and peace & tranquility - but it is not a luxury resort, which suited us perfectly.

The joy of the Seychelles is definitely exploring the islands and island hopping. La Digue is a must -even if its just for a day trip, the beaches are stunning. Praslin seems very tropical and lush with the beautiful Vallee de mai to explore. We hired a car on Mahe and ventured off on our own finding deserted coves.

We are so glad we picked the Seychelles over the carribean, our wedding day was relaxed and we were the only wedding that day so it didnt feel like a conveyer belt of weddings!

We booked through Kuoni who dealt with all the marriage paperwork and met with our wedding organiser at the hotel upon arrival with whom we discussed flowers, food, champagne, photos etc. We had a couple of tour guides as our witnesses (we went to the Seychelles alone) and got married on a verandah decorated with flowers overlooking the beach, after our wedding & the photos we walked along the beach in our wedding outfits and then had a swim in the sea,....much better than a wedding in the UK !!

6. Re: Seychelles June Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, November 14, 2009