We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Plan for Seychelles

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Best Plan for Seychelles

Hi All,

I have a question regarding my future visit to Seychelles.

at the moment I have 2 nights booked in Mahe, then 3 nights without anything planned andthen 5 nights in Hilton Labriz.

My question is: what to do during those 3 days?

I was planning maybe Praslin + La Digue, but I do not know if it is not enough time and I will be running from one place to another. Also, for this situation, would you do a 1 day La Digue visit or stay there in a hotel?

Maybe removing 2 nights in Mahe so I have more time for Praslin and La Digue? I am a bit confused about.

Thank you very much!!

7 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

I would cancel the stay on Mahe and split the 5 days between Praslin and La Digue to have enought time to enjoy both islands. Simple as that.

Miki

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

Thank you Miki! I was not sure if Mahe was a key destination in Seychelles (beaches, nature, etc) so you consider I will have a better experience in La Digue and Praslin right?

Thank you very much!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

Different strokes for different folks but we just got back from Seychelles and I actually preferred mahe closely followed by praslin. I really wouldn’t miss a few days in mahe, hire a car and discover it x

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

Hi EBTX2, thank you for your info. So you prefer Praslin to La Digue?

5. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 02, 2017

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

Mahe is a really nice island but most of the brochures about Seychelles have cover photos with La Digue beaches mainly with Anse Source d'Argent. And this because the most beautiful beaches are on La Digue and not on Mahe. I really like more to enjoy a day trekking to Anse Marron then staying on Petite Anse on Mahe. The beauty of the secluded Anse Marron you can not find anywhere in this world. If you had more days to squeeze Mahe on your itinerary it would have been better but since your time is limited I would suggest spliting your time between Praslin and La Digue. Not going to La Digue it's like going to Paris and not visiting Tour Eiffel.

Miki

Pune, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Plan for Seychelles

Need help in deciding how to plan trip in seychelles from 6 th dec to 14 dec.

At the moment I have 3 nights booked in Parslin( 8th Dec - 11 Dec)

Need help in deciding between these

(Mahe, Parslin,La Digue,Curieuse )

Mahe-> Parslin -> La-Digue->Curieuse-> Mahe or La-Digue- >Parslin->Mahe-> Curieuse -> Mahe

Also would appreciate if some one helps in knowing the stay in budget at these places.

And how can we travel between Islands.

Reply to: Best Plan for Seychelles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted