We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exporing deeper into Morocco

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Exporing deeper into Morocco

We are planning a visit to Morocco from Spain in August and are looking for an easy itinerary

to explore for a few days. My current plan is the Ferry from Tarifa, spend the day and one

night in Tangier, train to Fez for 2 -3 nights and back the way we came. We are a family of 4

(older teenagers), independent, interested in exploring, culture, sightseeing and (the girls love shopping).

For the return, is it convenient enough to return straight through to Spain in one day or

would it be better to spend the night in Tangier again. If we had to pick one destination convenient

from Tangier, is Fez really it? Is there an interesting place on the way to spend time, is 2 nights

enough for Fez?

Thanks much for any advice.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exporing deeper into Morocco

Personally, I am not a big fan of Tangier so would advise to get straight on the train to Fes as there is much more to see and do around there.

2 night is the minimum you need for Fes, with more time you can also do a daytrip to Meknes and Volubilis nearby.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exporing deeper into Morocco

August will undoubtedly be hot, so try to avoid travelling too much. You could consider Asilah or Larache on the coast but you'll be competing for rooms with Moroccan holidaymakers. Personally I'd head for Chefchaouen and the Rif mountains.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exporing deeper into Morocco

I know it's going to be hot, but it so happens that we have no real choice but to visit at this time. I'm not familiar with Chefchaouen yet, but I will look it up. I may never return to Morocco again so I want to make

sure I get to experience all I can in the few days I have. Thanks for your suggestions I will check them out.

4. Re: Exporing deeper into Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 18, 2014