We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour guides/companies

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour guides/companies

Hello!

We are planning on heading over to Morocco from Spain sometime late December this year. I have read about a few different tour guides/companies and am not sure what to think about them. All reviews have some positive and some negative, so I thought I would post a question, see who others have used, and what they liked about the tour.

We would like to see lots of markets and get a feel for the locals. Eat when where they do, stuff like that. Do we need a tour for something like this?

There will be 4 of us. All well travelers.

Also, do we need to worry about the ferry not going over from Spain due to high winds? I have also read this. How far in advance do they cancel ferry's due to weather?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Jenna

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour guides/companies

Here you go: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293737-d3…

Travelled with them last month and everything ok.

Just left a review

My advice: don't go there alone, and don't go with anyone claiming to be an saying official guide directly when getting out of the ferry.

The ferry is very safe and reliable, took it from Tarifa.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour guides/companies

Great, thank you!

3. Re: Day tour guides/companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 12, 2012
Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour guides/companies

During the winter months particularly the fast speed ferries can be affected by winds and rough seas. Normally the normal slow boats are not unduly affected, but these only sail from Tanger Med.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour guides/companies

Thank you for the information. We will take this into consideration when booking our trip.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tour guides/companies

If wanting to go to morocco, I would head (by plane) to Fez, Marrakesh or Casablanca and stay there a couple of nights. Really worth it and getting a nice feeling about what Morocco really is. There are lots of cheap flights from different spanish airports, including Malaga.

Going to Tangier is not worth it and you'll have a much better day in any daytrip within spain close to Marbella

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tour guides/companies

For a Day Tour in Tangier i woul suggest to spend a Half Day exploring First Assilah as it's far for 40KM from Tangier southward by the coast, as Assilah has a lot to offer, and for the second half day back to Tangier exploring the Kasbah of Tangier, Hercule's Cave, and try to see where the Sea of the Mediteranean and the Atlantic Ocean meets.

For Tour guides Check the List of Tours at the Things to do Tab, same for the Restaurants and things to do and places to see for attractions.

if you have 2 Days, would consider a Day Trip and overnight in Chefchaouen more worth it with it's beautiful blue walls, and it's unique amazing culture. and in case you have more day try to visit Fes as a must seen place in Morocco in case you have enough time to explore and experience by it's medieval Medina.

8. Re: Day tour guides/companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013