We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing: Tangier-Algeciras (to catch train)

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Timing: Tangier-Algeciras (to catch train)

Hi,

I'm looking to leave Morocco via a ferry from Tangier to Algeciras in early June. On the other side I want to catch the train from Algeciras up to Ronda. There are only 3 trains a day from what I can see so I'd like to book one to be safe. The first being at 11:00, the others much later in the day. Would I be safe booking that 11 o'clock train given I've got to start in Tangier? I'm aware it's a quick ferry ride but given transfers, customs, general delays etc. - is this feasible?

Also, would I be safe booking the ferry ticket for the following day the night before - or do certain ferries sell out further in advance? Do Nautus or any of the other big lines do online tickets?

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing: Tangier-Algeciras (to catch train)

Do be aware that ferries do not always run to time for many different reasons. I know this to my cost, having allowed a four hour gap between arriving at Algercias and departing from Gibraltar airport, I then sat at the entrance to Algercias Harbour watching my U.K flight fly into Gibraltar ad then fly out again, it was an extremely expensive lesson,

You are perfectly safe booking your ferry ticket the night before, can not think why you would think otherwise if you are travelling as a foot passenger, obviously travelling with a car is totally different. As far as I am aware Nautus do online booking, as do several of the other ferry operators

If you do a google search it wll bring up the ferry booking site.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing: Tangier-Algeciras (to catch train)

Ferry timetables are aspirations and fairy tales. In many years of taking the ferries I don't think I've ever left on time.

Sometimes, however, I've left before I expected as I'd been loaded on the previous ferry which hadn't yet departed. LOL.

3. Re: Timing: Tangier-Algeciras (to catch train)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 pm, June 18, 2013