We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

I have checked the flights and they seem expensive. Isn't there a train that goes to Casablanca?????? HELP!!! We have a tour that begins from Casablanca on May 5th. We need to be there. We will come into Tangiers on the ferry from Spain.

Any affordable suggestions?

thanks

Kathryn

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293736-i9620-k494…

should help. It's from the Top Questions on the Morocco forum.

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

Three ways of getting to Casablanca by public transport are:-

1. Flying, via Royal Air Maroc, website www.royalairmaroc.com, expensive unless they have a promotional deal, but by far the quickest route, approx 50min flight.

2. By train website www.oncf.ma, quite cheap but takes approximately 5/6 hours, recommend that you travel first class if using this method.

3. Shared taxi, this is a cheap way of travelling, but you have to wait until there are at least 6 people , you can buy spare seats to make your journey a little bit more comfortable, if travelling this method do be prepared for driver to travel at very high speeds, personally I would not advice this mode of transport unless you are a seasoned traveller around Morocco.

Hope this gives you some choices.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
833 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

There is a fourth way of travelling from Tangier to Casablanca, and that is the CTM bus. The journey takes around five and a half hours and costs 130 dirhams. There are around six departures per day. The departure point in Tangier is the Gare Routiers - a petit taxi ride from the port.

Here is the CTM website:

http://www.ctm.ma/

http://billetterie.ctm.ma/site/get_voyages

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

Sorry Zohor, yes you are correct, as I am not a very good bus traveller I just totally forgot about it.

5. Re: Transportation from Tangier direct to Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 04, 2013