We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Times Questons

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
706 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Times Questons

I am planning to go to Tagiers for 1-2 nights in September. I will be goming from Jerez through Algeciras.

For FRS, how long before the ferry is scheduled to leave Tarifa does the bus leave Algeciras.

The Balearia Nautas boats may be more convenient since they leave directly from Algeciras, but I am confused the way over seams to take 1/2 hour (9am-8:30am) but the return takes 1.5 hrs (9:30am-1pm - given 1 hr time difference).

Am I reading this wrong?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Times Questons

Definitely go FRS. The bus leaves Algeciras one hour before the ferry leaves Tarifa. It's an interesting short bus trip too - looking at the energy wind mills on the way.

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Times Questons

I personally prefer Algercias to sail from. As far as I can remember the coach connection for Frs from Algercias to Tarifa leaves onthe hour, I am sure if I am incorrect other forum viewers will correct me.

Your confusion regarding the length of the journey is that there is a time difference between Spain and Morocco. Spain is 1 hour ahead of Morocco.

Are you aware that Ramadam commences 1/2nd September for the month.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
706 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Times Questons

Thank you.

I understand the 1 hour difference, and when I look ath the FRS web site both ways seem consisent but with Nautas:

way over

9-8:30 = -.5 hrs + 1 hr time change = .5 hr boat ride [I have read the posts that say 1 hr is more typical]

way back:

9:30-13:00 = 3.5 hrs - 1 hr time change = 2.5 hr boat ride

What am I doing wrong? Or is it really different boats/route on the way back?

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Times Questons

I do not think that you are doing anything wrong, the timetable does not make much sense. My experience is that it normally takes 60/70 minutes provided the weather conditions are normal, which at this time of year should be O.K. The only problem which applies to all the ferries coming and going from Tangiers can be berthing queues due to heavy shipping.

5. Re: Ferry Times Questons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 30, 2009