We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
1 post
Save Topic
Tangier

I travelled to Tangier as a single woman traveller, a bit nervous, but feeling good after following many tips from others about the private guide Charif. I must say that everything positive I read was true. He was waiting for me when I departed the ferry and took me all over Tangier. He was very happy to answer all my questions and spent much time giving me history of his city. He introduced me to Morrocan Mint Tea, pastries, a marvelous lunch at a quaint restuarant and kahwa. He made sure I made it back to my ferry at the end of the day. My trip was most enjoyable, safe and informative. I would recommend him anyday and would use his services again when I return to Morocco. You can reach him at: starstour@hotmail.com

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier

Hello Peachy,

Just wondered at which hotel you stayed whilst in Tangier and was it good? Also from where in UK you flew as I have difficulty finding flights.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Tangier, and you definitely made the right decision by going with this guide. For visitors on a one day visit to Tangier, this is the smartest thing to do, then next time you visit you will feel more confident about getting around on your own.

On the other post, the fastest way to Tangier is by RAM from London, although the fares can be high. I always travel from UK to Malaga with Monarch then take the bus and boat to Tangier. You get the lowest prices on monarch if you are able to book ahead up to 9 months beforehand. I usually pay around £80 return, taxes included.

The boat fare to and from Tangier has doubled in price since March 2006 due to the worldwide price of oil.

You used to be able to get 20% discount if you bought a return boat ticket in Algeciras, but it's probably still worth asking when you arrive there to get your ticket. Bon Voyage!

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangier

To John 9159 and lotuspods

The only direct route to Tangier is all the year round with Royal Air Maroc, or July and August only with British Airways. From regional airports you can fly to Malaga and spend the next three hours travelling to Tarifa or Algercias. Incidentally the fare return from Algercias to Tangier is £42 You can also travel with B.A from both Gatwick or from regional airports (via Gatwick) daily to Gibraltar and then cross the border to La Linea and 20/30minutes taxi (20/25euros) to Algercias where there are frequent sailings over to Tanger weather permitting. Monarch airlines also fly from Luton to Gibraltar. The downside to Gibraltar is the return journey difficult to catch flight connections from Gibraltar unless late afternoon or early evening flight.

I would disagree with you lotuspods regarding Monarch being the cheapest, even booking 9 months in advance, you really have to shop around for prices.

Since the mass package holidays to Tangier ceased in 1997, believe me I have used all airlines, RAM,B.A, Monarch, Easyjet, BMI. Air France, Regional Airlines (Spain to Morocco) and generally speaking I have found both for price and service B.A normally can compete.

Hope this is of some help to you

New York
Level Contributor
102 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tangier

I was very excited to see your post, we were considering getting a tour guide in Tangier - about how much does it cost for a day tour?

5. Re: Tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 09, 2009