We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gibraltar to Tangier

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gibraltar to Tangier

Hi,

In light of Spartel's information on the relocation of the port 35Km from Tangier (under the topic of "Tangier is a dump"), can anyone tell me if there will still be direct access from Gibraltar to Tangier via the usual ferry route across the Straits?

I cannot imagine that tourists will be expected to travel an additional distance from the new port once operational.

How about information on direct flights to Tangier from Manchester, UK?

Thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gibraltar to Tangier

Hello john9159

As far as I am aware the rapido ferries will still be operating into and out of Tangiers, I think that you will find that at least at the moment the route from and to Gibraltar is only operated on a Friday evening and returning to Gibraltar on a Sunday evening. I have been told each and every time I have asked that the new port is for freight, which would make sense, as the distance from the new port would destroy any tourism for Tangier itself.

Unfortunately there are no direct flights from Manchester, which obviously I would personally welcome. As a frequent visitor into Tangier, you have several options, (none ideal)

1. You can book with Air France direct from Manchester to Tangier, two flight changes, one at Paris and one at Casablanca, alternatively you can fly up to London and fly from Heathrow with RAM, or thirdly you can fly from Manchester to Malaga, and either catch the bus or get a Taxi to Algercias and then the fast ferry over to Tangier.

I contacted Monarch Airways recently and was told that they had no plans to fly into Tangier nor as far as I am aware do Easyjet.

Regards

Tangergirl

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gibraltar to Tangier

Thanks for your help

:)

3. Re: Gibraltar to Tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 03, 2009