We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca Airport to Rabat

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Topic
Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Hi. I want to head to Rabat from Casablanca airport. Is any direct train for this route? Or I have to change in Ain Sebaa/ Casa Voyageurs? Also, is there ONCF office in the airport? Please help.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

You do have to change trains a Casa Voyageurs (not Ain Sebaa) - there is no direct train from the airport to anywhere except Casa (and a few very minor stops along the way). There is a ONCF ticket booth (an office of sorts) at the airport. They sell tickets and can advise you on schedules etc.

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

There are many more trains from Ain Sebaa to Rabat than there are from Voyageurs to Rabat.

In fact, for every shuttle from the airport that arrives at Ain Sebaa, there's a connecting train to Rabat waiting on the same platform. It leaves about 5 minutes after the airport shuttle has arrived.

So DO change at Ain Sebaa.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Dys is correct - you can change at Ain Sebaa - and there is a train to Rabat waiting for you. It is the same at Casa Voyageurs - the train from the airport arrives and the train to Rabat leaves a couple minutes later. There are more trains from Ain Sebaa (39 a day as opposed to 30 from Casa Voyageurs), which is only helpful if the train from the airport is running late and you'll be stuck on the platform for half an hour.

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

No, no, no, no.

There are only 12 direct services from Voyageurs to Rabat every day, which include two night trains.

Travel through Ain Sebaa.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

There is no direct route from Casa airport to Rabat by train. I have taken the train both directions in the last year. In both cases I changed in Ain Sebaa. The oncf.ma website shows a total of 17 trains a day as going from the airport to Rabat Ville. On nine of them you change at Casa Voyageurs and on seven of them you change in Ain Sebaa. When I changed at Ain Sebaa it was really simple. I got off on one track and the continuation train was actually waiting on the other track. I also took the first class train each time. It costs a little more but was less crowded. There is usually just one or two first class cars on the train and they are usually either the first or last cars on the train. They will have a large "1" on the outside rather than a "2". It's a really easy way to get from the airport to Rabat. You shouldn't have any trouble. The price one way first class is 100 dirhams or second class 65 dirhams. That's about US 11.50 or US 7.50 each way. When you arrive at the airport and come out into the main lobby after getting your bags, just take the escalator down and you'll be at the ONCF office where you can buy your ticket and get on the train right there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Looks like it is easlier to change in Ain Sebba. However, about changing track, do I need to bring my luggage up & down for another truck? Or there will be a train right across? Is that every aipoort shuttle stop at Ain Sebba? Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Oh! Forget to ask the situation about changing train In Casa Voyageurs.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Yes, you will have to carry your own luggage from one track to the other. I'm not for sure about Casa Voyageurs. I haven't changed trains there, but my guess would be that it is about the same situation.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

Thank you all.

Moorestown, NJ
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Casablanca Airport to Rabat

I will be staying in a Hotel on Rue Chellah in Rabat. Which station should I get off at - RABAT Agdal or RABAT Ville ?