We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train station, grand taxis? Rabat to Fes

Maine
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
train station, grand taxis? Rabat to Fes

Three of us will be meeting at the Rabat train station in the morning in June. 2 arriving from Casa, 1 who has been staying there. We'll want to get to Fes and wonder if there are grand taxis at the station. I realize there are trains to Fes, but if 1 does not leave for a few hours, is driving a good option? Are there taxis there? Are the travel times about the same? Thanks for any advice.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train station, grand taxis? Rabat to Fes

In all honesty, a train in the best idea. There are taxis inbetween Rabat and Fez, but the driver will refuse to take any less than 6 people, which means that you will be shoved into a 4 seats with three other people for about three hours. CTM buses are another idea, but I'm not completely sure of their schedule. Either way, the train station in Rabat is surrounded by Big Taxis and Little Taxis, and if there are no grand taxis, then a little taxi can take you to the station (just make sure the meter is on).

i hope that helps!

Maine
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train station, grand taxis? Rabat to Fes

Thanks! If I offered to pay for a big taxi, for just the 3 of us, do you know the cost vs. train tickets? On this web page I see a cost of 115 mad (this could be higher in june, when i look for an air conditioned fast train, is that right?)

http://www.oncf.ma/scripts/tarifs1.asp

3. Re: train station, grand taxis? Rabat to Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 30, 2009