We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife and good bars

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife and good bars

Heading to Marrakech at the end of Jan and finally got hotel sorted - Atlas Ansi in the new town. I'm happy to book taxi's as required to get to places as it's a bit out out of the lively spots from what I can tell but where to go in the evenings - will obviously do the main square in the day - and at night - as that's when it comes alive.

But myself and the mrs may also fancy a few beers in the new town and possibly onto a club? Any recommendations for bars/clubs in the new town? Also what times do the clubs get going, how much typically is price on the door, and what can you expect to pay for a drink (and how much is a beer in the hotels and bars)? Probably find ALL this out when we arrive but looking forward to it so much trying to get as much info as possible!

As for dress code in the bars/clubs what goes? I know conservative is the key but what do young moroccans/tourists wear on a night out ?

Finally (for this post anyway!) after all that partying we may just want to chill by the pool for an afternoon (on the days we will not be battling the souks or tripping to the mountains). Is it likely to be warm enough to have a quick dip and more importantly will the larger hotels have their pools open at this time of year as it is technically outside the high season?

All advice appreciated ! (and I'll do a detailed trip report when we come back with tips etc. so I'm giving to the forum rather than just taking!)

penna
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife and good bars

just a peice of advice, you might like hotel tazi better .

it has a great pool (beer wine ect.. at pool) and a bar.

and is one block form djama fna and the souks.

way more convient will make your trip easier i think

:)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife and good bars

Stayed at the Ansi Atlas last September. It's a big city hotel with all amenities and they serve alcohol. Many places do not. There are a few places around the main square.

warks
Level Contributor
309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife and good bars

we have just returned from this hotel, the hotel is nice but be warned it is dear to eat and drink in it, beer was £3 for a small bottle ,so my hubby went to the supermarket to buy beer and drink in the room,we ate out all the time as the hotel is at least double, we found it difficult to find any alcohol infact every restaurant we went to didnt have any, the temp this week was hot around 25 at a guess. from the hotel to djeema el fna is 20 dirham in the day about £1.25 and at night 10 more, so cheap. we went on a trip to the mountains this was 350 mad about £21.50 and it was fantastic think it was on sundays so be sure to do that trip, it was the easy trip as the others involved too much walking for us,so there was easy, medium and hard trip. outside the hotel the taxis stop regular so do horse and carriage and about 2 mins walk to the place de congress you can catch the open top bus which is good, 24 hour ticket £8 lets you go on and off as much as you like and use both blue and red bus routes, definately worth while, ive posted some hotel photos on my hotel review have a look

warks
Level Contributor
309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife and good bars

sorry forgot to answer your question re the pool, yes its open but freezing, the weather is hot enough to sun bathe but no one dared go in the pool except 2 kids whilst we were there

we didnt go to any clubs so cant help you there, if you want to know anything else let me know

Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife and good bars

Elliemeg......your the perfect forum poster! Thanks for all the advice....i'll probably try to grab some more information from you before we go if that's ok. Thanks to all who replied!

Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife and good bars

Elliemeg......your the perfect forum poster! Thanks for all the advice....i'll probably try to grab some more information from you before we go if that's ok. Thanks to all who replied!

Midlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife and good bars

Elliemeg - sorry - 1 last question. Would u recommend we keep our booking for this hotel or look around for another before we go? Got a good price - £260 for 7 nights B&B on Octopus so not sure if we can beat that.....and they do serve booze...even if it is at horrendous (UK) prices!

warks
Level Contributor
309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife and good bars

depends if you want to be in the heart of the hustle and bustle, this hotel suited us fine, infact my hubby said a few times to me thank god you booked this hotel i couldnt bare stepping out the hotel into hassle all the time lol. firstly we got the hotel for £29 a night so shop around for this hotel, i got if off freedomdirect, my friend went there yesterday and paid the same, she got it though supermarket travel (onlinetravel) there are loads of hotel only sites so try and get it cheaper if you can, i would be happy to recommend it for what we paid, its clean, reception is very posh, with marble floors walls etc, lovely water feature, rooms have tv,king size bed with shower and bath but more uk 3 star, its not too far out,10 mins from airport, around the corner is planet food small restaurant and thats great really good value and excellent food, kebabs etc ,we ate there a few times.

forgot to mention i booked the mountain trip through the hotel, it was uk people only so guide spoke english which was a huge plus cos they mainly speak french, hotel also changes currency again a great help as there isnt many places to change money, the decision is entirely yours ,

warks
Level Contributor
309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife and good bars

sorry had a thick moment should be travel supermarket not other way round another site that does this hotel cheap is quick rooms

https://www.quickrooms.com/

warks
Level Contributor
309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife and good bars

The Atlas Marrakech hotel has been designed to make your stay in The Red City, relaxing and memorable. Ideally located close to Medina ...

Click here for full accommodation details

Room Board Total Price Book

1a. Twin (2-3) Garden View Bed and Breakfast Bed and Breakfast 198.00 GBP

this price is from onlinetravel.com on 27th for a week just to give you an idea you should be able to get it cheaper than the price you have got

hope this helps