We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

Carlisle
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

We were planning to pre book trips but reading reviews of our Riad it appears our hosts could book them.Which would be the best way price wise?

1. Re: Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:37 pm, January 11, 2016
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

There's no advantage to booking anything from the UK. You might be stuck with something you later find you don't want to do once you get there. In addition, as far as I understand (I don't do tours or guides at all) the ones that can be booked from abroad are considerably more "high-end" and expensive than those you'd find there, but with no corresponding level of knowledge necessarily, just that they might take you around in a posh vehicle from attraction to attraction, which is the last thing, in my opinion, anyone in an exciting new city should be doing.

Please ignore any unsolicited emails in your TA inbox promoting tours. In addition, discount completely any posts that appear from people with no (or hardly any) posting history extolling a particular company and urging you to contact either them or the company.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

I debated the same thing when we planned a Sahara trip from Marrakech. We ended up booking in advance, only because I wanted to thoroughly research the various companies and tours that were offered. In the end, we decided on a tour with great reviews and picked the exact dates and times that worked for our schedule. I highly recommend doing a private tour guide if you plan on leaving Marrakech -- they're a little more expensive but I'd say worth it for sure. We saw several bus and van tours, and were very glad we had a private tour. We also came across several people who rented vehicles and did self guided tours. This is definitely a possibility if you're up to it! Just do your research.

4. Re: Day trips from Marrakech-should we pre book in UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 12, 2017