We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

merrakech to snowy atlas trip

london
1 post
Save Topic
merrakech to snowy atlas trip

coming marrakech jan 02-jan 06, would like to get up to the snowy atlas mountains. is this a practical thing to do and how would i go about it? advice appreciated. eamon

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: merrakech to snowy atlas trip

Snow isn't guaranteed except at pretty high altitude.

From Marrakech, take a taxi to Imlil for a good chance to see snow.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: merrakech to snowy atlas trip

There's a ski resort - Oukaimeden - about 90 minutes from Marrakech.

snow-forecast.com/resorts/Oukaimeden.shtml

Not sure there's any snow there, but you can check the webcams :-)

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: merrakech to snowy atlas trip

Hi Eamon-o,

Just got back from a trip to the Atlas mountains on Dec 15, and it is very practical to do from Marrakesh. Its about an hour's drive from the city, and you can go by Taxi or book you place on a daily tour operated by a local company at you hotel on arrival. It cost me 250d for this tour, and you get to walk up the mountains to see the waterfall, then visit a Berber village, and stop for lunch (own expense) on the way back. Oh, there was already 2-3 feet of snow on the mountains when we were there, so you should have more by the time you get there, but i'm no weather expert.........

4. Re: merrakech to snowy atlas trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 19, 2009