We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap easy going bars

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
60 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
cheap easy going bars

staying in the ryad mogador opera for three nites in dec. will be looking for somewhere close for few beers after sightseeing as no alcohol served in hotel.any suggestions please.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap easy going bars

In gueliz ( the new town) there are plenty of bars an dhotels which serve alcohol. if you don't mind mingling with the locals you can drink a beer for less than a quid. It will cost you twice a smuch in a hotel

penna
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap easy going bars

ryad mogador in essuerra or Mara?

in essuerra there are many bars to drink at, my fave is in the itialian rest. in the far sea wall (near jacks apts) great place to see the sun set.

if in mara a nice safe place to have a beer is hotel tazi in the old part about a block from the place Djamna Fna

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
60 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap easy going bars

thanks for the replies. the ryad mogador opera is in mohamed v1 road.what is the easiest way to exchange morrocan money ?i believe you cannot obtain it in the uk.thanks

penna
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap easy going bars

Hi

Moroccan currency is not real,by this I mean it is not traded agenst other currencies,but rather set at value by the government. As such it is not allowed to be taken out of the country,meaning any left over will be hard to convert any where but morocco.

plus they can conviscate it at the airport if found.

now to your question.

you can change money at almost any hotel or back or change booth.

the price should be the same no mater where. there is no black market for money here.

so trading on the street is always a bad move.

but best move is to just take a good bank card and use the cash machines and save hard currencies for emergancies.

also there is a fee for travelers checks i think like 2 euro per.

best of luck.

5. Re: cheap easy going bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 16, 2009