We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desert 4 days tours

Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
desert 4 days tours

Planning a short trip to Morocco during Christmas, going as solo female. Would like to include 4 day 3 night trip to desert from Marrakesh. There seems to be a lot of offer, but mostly for private tours, which is a bit expensive and also don't want to be solo female on tour with unknown male locals, even if they are nice people.

Please advice!

Are there any decent group tours that I could hope to join, by decent meaning good quality and small group.

Any ideas on companies that offer them?

Can I hope to arrange such a tour when already in Marrakesh?

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,695 posts
172 reviews
1. Re: desert 4 days tours

If you are independent you can do this trip alone, by bus or grand taxi. Maybe you can also meet the other independent travelers on your way so you will not be alone anyway.

New York
Level Contributor
319 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: desert 4 days tours

Someone posted about a company that lets other people, solo or not, sign up for tours that other people are already on. I think it was called Infinite Morocco. The person wrote a good review.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: desert 4 days tours

Hi, skip any PM can be send to you it can be spam, or scam adverts, watch out .

so for the desert tours normally you can find a list of them here and shop the way you like to be fit your budget, so if you alone i agree with Nibrika doing it by your own, if you want to join a group then wait until Marrakech but for the private Tour do more research check this info about desert trips has loads of information to help you : tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3995…

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,106 posts
128 reviews
4. Re: desert 4 days tours

experts: Im glad you agree with me, although I didnt post in the thread yet ;)

Inga: You will find touts in the streets of the Marrakech Medina selling places on cheaper group tours

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: desert 4 days tours

Nibrika, im always sure agree with you, i meant in this thread Khamlia, as i did not see who posted the 1st post , and yes i really agree with you now.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,695 posts
172 reviews
6. Re: desert 4 days tours

LOL Khamlia and Nibrika sound the same, anyway both have the same idea so I am agree with you too haha

Besana in Brianza...
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: desert 4 days tours

In my opinion, as your are a group of 4, you better take a taxi for you only to the desert where stay in the bivac and see the berber wya-of-life.

There are several tour operator in Marrakesh, but I suggest you to contact some people in Merzouga where you want to stay for most of the time (i do the same from Fes last year).

If you need some details, feel free to contact me via private message.

8. Re: desert 4 days tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, December 27, 2014
9. Re: desert 4 days tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, December 27, 2014
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: desert 4 days tours

he might be out of network, use the phone to call him then once you try all ways, check another alternative since they often offer the same routes to the desert for 3 or 4 days.