We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Hi everyone,

Travelling to Marakesh in 2 weeks time for 8 days. I have a hotel booked in Medina so I am confined to doing only day trips.

I was planning to rent a car for 1/2 days and drive to the Atlas Mts. Happy to leave very early and arrive home late. Ideally would like to see Imlil stopping at a few places along the way (Kasba bab ourika and Kasba toubkal) or would it be better to just drive to Ourika or somewhere else in the Toubkal National Park?

Also is it easy enough to rent a car in Medina? Any idea of prices?

Thanks in advance!!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Check out posts 12, 13, 14 on morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Hotel Ali on SW corner of Djemaa el Fna is ok for car hire.

Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

We have just been to Marrakech and did the same hired a car ( brand new with air con) and driver for the day, it cost is €55 and we were out from 9-4 but the day rate is the same. I really recommend the guy we had he is a single father working very hard to make a living and if you'd like his details message me and I will give them to you. All he required from us is one days notice

ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Thanks for the reply Tim.

Charly, sounds really good alright but I like the idea of being able to drive wherever. Was he ok about stopping wherever you wanted? Where did you go yourself?

Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Yes he stopped whenever we wanted, as we had him and the mini bus privately hired. We did a day in the Atlas Mountains.. Ourika and Ouzourd I believe and also a really good argon oil shop. Then we had another day in Marrakech which we decided where we went and he drive is and waited until we came out then drive us to the next place .. We saw the Jardin Marjorelle, Bahia palace, Menara gardens, Koutobia mosque, the souks and square

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Hi, I am just beginning to think about trip to morocco, staying first in marrakesh . I am 78 years old and like

The idea of driver and car for sightseeing. I would also need to go from marrakesh to Fez, do you have

Any suggestions. Also need hotel in each city, not a riad. Thank you very much.

Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Anamarie76 if you message me I will give you the drivers details. We didn't stay in a riad as we we going with children so stayed in a family AI hotel so can't comment on the riads!

New York City, New...
10 posts
7. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

We visited Morocco early this year, we used an English speaking driver/guide instead of hiring a car and driving it by ourselves so it was a good option as we had driver speaking fluently our language, giving a good insight about the country culture, history and local life. We were charged 120€/day inc Petrol, highway tolls, Driver food and accommodation.

The vehicle was new and very comfortable, fitted with air-conditioning and leather seats and in car stereo. Youness the driver was very friendly, an easy person to travel with even for the long journeys we were stopped wherever and whenever wanted + Youness has a big knowledge on the itineraries, places to eat, toilet stops ... etc

I highly recommend this small company for everyone doesn't wanna bother with guide books and Gps navigation. We had an amazing time to explore the beauty of this country.

Pm for the details as this company is already listed on TA, and thanks for TA and memebers for the useful recommendations.

Karen

ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Thank you very much for all your replies. I decided to go with car rental for the extra freedom. I prebooked my car with Moroccan car website, got a great deal :)

kolkata , india
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Hi Karen , can you please PM me the details of the car and driver you hired . I tried to PM you but could not , hence this request on the main forum . Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: Day trip Marrakesh to Imlil in a Car

Hi, I have just noticed your response, thank you very much. I am still planning to go to morocco, staying

in fez and Marrakech . I would possibly need a car with driver/ guide for sightseeing on a day here and

there. I think I might also need someone to pick me up at the airport, which might be in casablanca

because I can get a direct flight from New York.

Thank you for your help.