We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

Hi. I'll be making some tourism in Morocco very soon. My return flight is from Madrid to Mexico City, with a connection in Atlanta. Does anybody know if I could have some kind of issue with US immigration authorities? Morocco is an Islamic* country and my passport will show I've been there (besides, I have no need to conceal the fact). My only concern: should they decide to make a secondary inspection, I could lose my next flight.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

------

*to all Islamic users and friends, I mean no disrespect with this topic, please excuse me if in any way you feel unconfortable with my question.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

I don't know why I should feel obliged to educate you on Moroccan-USA relationships, but here your are (you could have googled this yourself)....

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocco%E2%80%93United_S…

Edited: 5:18 pm, July 14, 2014
2. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, July 16, 2014
3. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, July 16, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

Becky, thank you very much for your reply. It's really helpful. Since I'm not a US citizen, I imagine I'll be asked some extra questions, but your experience makes me feel more safe. Besides, I'm not flying directrly from Morocco, but from Spain, so everything seems to be ok. Thanks again!!

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

TimCullis, I've checked the wiki link before posting my question, even checked the US department of State website. Both have basically the same information and are not clear about the specific topic posted.

I see you are designed as "Destination expert". Congratulations!! None the less, you are in NO OBLIGATION to relpy, nor to educate anyone about anything. These forums are created out of people's good will to share experiences and help each other, so, by all means, if you have issues answering a topic... DO NOT ANSWER, and that's it. I don`t need to know about your lack of touch to communicate with people.

That said, thanks for the info.

Edited: 6:33 pm, July 14, 2014
6. Re: Coming from Morocco, issues with US immigration?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 16, 2015