We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help.

We fly out to Marrakesh with Thomson on the 17th July and the flight is a quoted 2 hours 30 minutes long.

However the return flight on the 24th July departs at 20.30 and doesn’t land until 01.10 that would mean a 4 hour 40 minute flight. Surely that can’t be right?

I have called Thomson and they can’t help and just told me it was based on local time but I understood Morocco was the same as the UK unless it changes whilst we are there.

Can anyone help and has anyone taken this flight with Thomson ?

Many Thanks

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

I go October from gatwick and mine is about 3 and a half hours each way.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

Thanks

After reserch I have found that when we go Morocco it will be 1 hour behind GMT but again that makes no sense as it makes the flight out 1 1/2 hours if landing local time and still 3 hours 40 back. However checked on the Thomson wesite again this morning and it clealry states that we will be the air 2.30 hours. Makes trying to book a taxi interested on the return journey LOL

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

I'd just wait and See the flight times on your tickets as they may change anyway. Mine did for another holiday.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

Although Morocco now has summertime synchronised with the EU, the clocks go back to GMT for the month of Ramadan so that people don't have to fast so long.

Your flight times will be about 3.5 hours each way.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

Hi,

Your departure and arrival times in the UK are going to be unchanged. The flight will be 3.5 hours each way. You can work out arrival and departure in Morocco.

6. Re: Thomson flight back from Marrakesh to Birmingham why so long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 16, 2015