We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Over-night trip to Sahara from Marrakech - Advice please

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
2 posts
Over-night trip to Sahara from Marrakech - Advice please

Hello,

I am travelling to Morocco in November and I'm looking to do an overnight trip to Sahara from Marrakech (most likely leaving on a Tuesday and returning on a Wednesday if possible). My Riad (Riad Layla Rouge) is offering an overnight trip to the Sahara for 650DHS per person total. The trip includes visits to Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, Ouarzazate to Draa Valley, Zagora, one night sleeping in Berber tent, breakfast, dinner, 2 camel rides (one at sunset and one at sunrise), all transport and accommodation. This seems like a fairly good deal to me, but I might be completely wrong - if anyone could tell me whether this sounds reasonable, I would really appreciate it!!

Also, I've struggled to find many reviews on the tour company (Marrakech Rouge Hostels) and their trips online. If anyone has any experience of any trips with Marrakech Rouge Hostels, I would love to hear about it. Or if anyone can recommend any other companies offering over-night trips to the Sahara from Marrakech for a similar price, I would really appreciate any information.

Many thanks!

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
8 reviews
11. Re: Over-night trip to Sahara from Marrakech - Advice please

Hi Khamlia,

I think you might have slightly misunderstood my post. When I wrote about "pupils", I was writing about my students, not about anybody's eyes. Nonetheless, you would be right to believe that, after their short camel trek, my pupils' pupils were beaming with joy!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
115 reviews
12. Re: Over-night trip to Sahara from Marrakech - Advice please

haha, yes I have misunderstood, I thought your students eyes (pupils) told ... English is not so easy, Swedish is much better LOL

13. Re: Over-night trip to Sahara from Marrakech - Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 07, 2015