We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in the desert

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Overnight in the desert

Hi

First time going to Marrakech, I would like an overnight trip to the desert . I'm there for my 50th and would like something special .

Any ideas ?

Thanks

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight in the desert

Is it worth doing for just one night ? It's just I've paid for the nights in the riad already, so I wouldn't be using them.

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight in the desert

The consensus here seems to be that one should always plan at least 3, rather 4 days for a desert tour from Marrakesh. Check the forum search for more elaborate responses to similar questions asked before.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight in the desert

Do you have some guidebook? If not, buy one, there you can read quite much about Morocco and the desert trip of course. And study this: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3995…

Toronto
Level Contributor
921 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight in the desert

You need to take time to get to and back from Merzouga...we spent one night at the hotel and one night in the desert. It was on my must do list but I would have been fine to spend two nights at the hotel and do a day time camel ride into the desert. I've not seen these types of dunes elsewhere so it was worthwhile.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight in the desert

overnight trip from Marrakech is not recommended - really need at least 2 and really 3 or 4 nights to do a worthwhile trip to the sand dunes at Merzouga

perhaps consider a night in the atlas mountains instead

6. Re: Overnight in the desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2015