We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Area? April?

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Beach Area? April?

Hi all,

I have just begun a search on doing a 4 day trip to Marrakech, I thought I would ask here as there is so much info!

I am looking at 2nd week of April literally just for 4 days, I would like a beach area but an area where there are bars, resturants, things to see etc

Could anyone possible advise as to which area would be suitable?

Many Thanks

Chloe

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Area? April?

chloe h, I think you are going to be disappointed looking for a beach in Marrakech. It is inland.

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Area? April?

Oh no! Lol

U can tell i have only just thought of a trip there! Which area of Morocco would be beach area then please?

Thank you

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Area? April?

Have you already booked your flight? If so where to. Morocco has a very long coast line so your arrival airport could make a difference on recommendations, especially taking into consideration the travel times between airport and beach and your limit of four days.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Area? April?

Try Agadir or Essaouira, both had lovely big beaches,

uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Area? April?

Fab! Thank you very much :)

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Area? April?

I'd vote for Essaouira over Agadir any day. If you are flying into Marrakech you can get to Essaouira on the Supratours bus which takes about 3 hrs. There is beach there, and the old walled area that is interesting and fun to walk around and plenty of good places to eat that won't break the bank.

If you chose somewhere like Agadir you'd be better off flying there directly but you may find the beach at Tagazout (sp?) more fun especially if you fancy surfing. (I admit though that I base this only on one day's observation of Tagazout. It seemed like a fun place to be with lot's of young folk around. I personally did not 'get' Agadir when I was there last week and thought the restaurants/cafes predictable and on the whole over priced.)

This was why I wondered if you had booked your flight as it could make a difference to the choice of beach.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Area? April?

There are waterparks and "beach" clubs outside of Marrakech so you gain the best of both worlds but you could also look at beach resorts on the northern Mediterranean coast (Morocco has two extensive coastlines.) I too prefer Essaouira over Agadir, far more traditional and authentic. But there are other coastal towns too.

8. Re: Beach Area? April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 23, 2015