We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morocco Jewish travelers

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
274 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
morocco Jewish travelers

i HATE to ask this question

Several people have told me that they feel as if they are uncomfortable in Morocco because they are Jewish.

I wish this would never be true, not for any religious group, but am wondering if anyone else had that feeling?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
274 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

thank you for your very kind and interesting answer. When we tke this trip--which will be next spring--I will take your advice.

I can tell by the responses that I have received that our friends put a very wrong thought in our heads!!!

Thanks again

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

It's not a ridiculous thought for Jews to be concerned in a predominantly Moslem country!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
274 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

maybe you are right

i am going to take the approach that as we travel the world, people will be nice to each other

there is lots of jewish history in morocco, which we are interested in learning about...

14. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:10 am, June 03, 2014
15. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:10 am, June 03, 2014
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

Chava @12, Morocco is a totally Muslim country not "predominantly" and not "Moslem".

Like I said before, Jewish visitors are completely safe here.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

If PikesvilleTraveler has remaining doubts about visiting Morocco, I want to suggest that she make contact with my friend since the '70s, Liz Sharota who has reviewed several hotels on Trip Advisor. No doubt she will give you an honest assessment of her experiences in Morocco.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

ChavaJava is correct in describing Morocco as "a predominantly Muslim country" David. Here are the statistics: Sunni-Muslim: 98% ~ 99%, Christian: 0.5% ~ 1% and Jewish: 0.01%. There are churches and synagogues in Morocco too.

10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

Kate88UK, can you please link that youtube video?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
658 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: morocco Jewish travelers

I's been a while since I watched it but I'll have a look.....give me some time, I'm at work and YouTube is band!