We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essouria day trip

stockport
Level Contributor
318 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Essouria day trip

Me and my partner were planning a daytrip out from Marrakech but see that it doesnt seem to be recommended as a day trip but as an overnight stay which adds extra costs to our holiday why is this i thougt it was around 3 hours by supratours ?

Edited: 10:32 am, November 06, 2013
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Essouria day trip

Hi, When we were out there in Feb.. we went for a Day trip out to Essouria by Taxi, it did take roughly 3 hours to get there.. We loved it its a lot more peacefull and relaxed then Mad Marrakech. More beach sport to do, especially Kits, and Quads, or camel trecks, Eat only the the Fish markets near the centre, ots of them and they cook right infront of you. Spend several hours and headed back, Looking back it would have been better to stay the night and enjoy it more.. Great place, planning to go back again but this time spend the night..Recommend it.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Essouria day trip

Essaouira can easily be done as a day trip from Marrakech. Try to pre-book the earliest Supratours coach the day before travelling to ensure your seats. The fish stalls are not central but near to the harbour walls. The town is where I spend my occasional breaks.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Essouria day trip

I have been on a few daytrips to Essaouira aswell as a few other overnight trips to Essaouira, you really cannot compare the two.

Can it be done as a daytrip, easily, you can get there in 2½ - 3 hours, see most of the Old Medina/Portuguese Fort area, have some food, then look around the souks or chill out on the beach, then head back to Marrakech.

The reason everybody recommends staying a night there is that it is one of the most "chilled out" places on Earth, you get so relaxed when you are there, you don't really get this feeling when you are on a daytrip as you are rushing around trying to fit everything in before heading back to Marrakech, once you have stayed the night and enjoyed the atmosphere, you don't want to leave.

Essaouira is a total contrast to the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and it is definitely worth the experience, even if you only do it as a daytrip.

Edited: 1:43 pm, November 06, 2013
4. Re: Essouria day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 08, 2014