We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

urgent help.

Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
urgent help.

hi i reached morocco with just singapore cash and no cards. no exchange bureau accepts singapre dollar what should i do¿ i haven eaten for two days. can someone advice me what i should do¿ thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: urgent help.

Hi,

Contact someone at home and get them to Western Union you some money.

Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: urgent help.

hi but i have no cards at all with me :( how does that work again?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: urgent help.

Hi,

email your family or friends, they go into a WU branch where you are, pay some money in and you take the equivalent in Dirhams out from a branch of WU here in Morocco.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: urgent help.

i will try but it will take some time i guess. thanks for the advice

5. Re: urgent help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:08 am, November 04, 2013
6. Re: urgent help.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:08 am, November 04, 2013
7. Re: urgent help.

Removed on: 6:35 am, November 03, 2013
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: urgent help.

I think you are in a very uncomfortable situation, frightening even, due to your lack of planning.

You may be finding that some Moroccans are less than helpful.

••• Do exactly what Shimmin advises you to do @3 !

BUT... Is it true that it is impossible to exchange Singapore dollars into dirhams in Morocco?

Come back and let us know when your problem has been resolved.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: urgent help.

Strange to note that XE Currency Converter allows conversion from Singapore dollars to Moroccan dirhams (at a rate of 1 SGD to 6.7 MAD). If shimmin's idea does not work then perhaps finding a bureau de change attached to a larger bank, particularly the BMCE, may be worth a try.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: urgent help.

nooriskandar, please let us know you are ok. apart from what has already been said, i cannot add anything. but i am worried about you!

we 'met' on the langkawi forum when you went there.

pam

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech