We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split trip

Brighton, England
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Split trip

I am planning on going to marrakech for 3/4 days and then the sea for the same.

I am a blank book as to the seaside however.

Can anyone recommend a spot and a way to get there!

I understand that the train is a viable option but what to people recommend?

uk
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split trip

I am doing the same thing and a lot of people recommended agadir to me.

Its just a general seaside place but you can do watersports and it is known for its lovely beaches. I have heard there is a coach trip which runs between the two but i have posted to find out if it exists!

If you stay in the Sud Bahia Hotel in agadir you can get a great deal on last minute and we just paid £16 for a double room per night and the hotel looks really nice!

Morocco
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split trip

Trains go to Marrakech. from Casablanca

No trains to Agadir.

Just curvy roads.

The beach is beautiful in Agadir. While at this city, you do not know you are in Morocco. Any expense luxury resort by the coast...

Essaouira is two hours away and has a lot of interesting things to do there. A nice little medina as compared to Marrakech- But do watch out for ouckpockets, I hate to say...

It is a small fishing port and has a decent beach. Neat little places to eat at just outside of the port where you oick out your own food,

A couple of expensive hotels and ryads here, Hotel riad al madina is reasonable in the center of town. Some cheap places but cannot comment on them.

Ask for where the large taxus are.. Also there is a UK co operating bus trips but have no info. Ask at your hotel

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Split trip

Best beaches are at Oualidia, 3 hours by bus or taxi from Marrakech.

Morocco
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split trip

I just saw the oyster beds and area. Liked the quiet little town, There are others off the besten path be;ow Agadir bit I have not been there.

5. Re: Split trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 13, 2009