We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rudeness at airport

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
97 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
rudeness at airport

I have used this airport twice in four months and both times experienced extreme rudeness of local women pushing in queues whilst at passport control.

3 seperate groups women with families pushed their way to the front, despite people objecting to them and telling them to wait like everyone else. My daughter had been through the control and my documents were on the counter, when one woman spoke to the man in charge and passed all her families passports over my head to the man ( this also went on in other queues)

I argued with the woman and told her she was very rude and ill mannered and was backed up by other people in the queue.

Is this a common occurence? is it the fault of the guy in charge - locals looking after their own? or do people people just lack manners?

Do other people have experience of this?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: rudeness at airport

Heresmyreply makes a good point, I am sure the queue on the far left is for Officials/VIPs, some people queue in this line and when they get to the front, they are told they have to go into the other line, then they just push into the lane to the right of them, it has happened to me, now I just completely avoid the left lanes..........but you have to put yourself in other peoples shoes, what if you were late for your flight (for a reason beyond your control), would you expect to be put at the front of the queue or would you just wait like everyone else and miss your flight?

12. Re: rudeness at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 14, 2014