We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or grand taxi due to numbers

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
bus or grand taxi due to numbers

When there was just two of us we were going to get the nr 19 bus return ticket. There is now four of us. Would it make more sense to get a grand taxi to the hotel from the airport? Not sure what these cost as I usually get petit taxis. Going to the hotel agdal.

Many thanks :)

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

Four single fares on the bus will cost 120 dirhams. The cost of the taxi will depend upon whether your journey is during the day or the evening and how well you haggle (see previous threads!) but the final cost will be pretty close to what you would pay for the bus. For the sheer convenience of departing immediately and being taken directly to your hotel, I would go for the taxi.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

I'd say take a taxi. If you can afford the trip to Morocco, you can afford the taxi, so don't worry too much about the what it will cost. Together, you will be paying the usual cost for a full taxi of 6 passengers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

So if I can get the grand taxi for 120 dh then thats obviously better (as it will take me direct to hotel)...reckon I can? I know it can be hard to haggle with them. I normally pay far too much to get to the hotel.

Ill be landing at night 6/7pm ish, no big cases as only carry on cases for each of us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks to the above posters for advice too :)

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

Yes, you should certainly be able to get a taxi for 120 dirhams at that time of the day but, even if you ended up paying a few dirhams more, would it really matter so much divided between the four of you?

Subic Bay Freeport...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

So as not to miss your flight, take the taxi. Since there are four of you, I think you can afford it. Make sure that you know the price that you're dealing with. Sometimes, taxis might cheat on you specially if they know your citizenship and they feel like you don't know where you're going and/or the usual fare prices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

Do you have to agree a price for the grand taxi or do they also have meters like the petit taxis? :)

7. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:47 am, October 28, 2013
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

Grand taxis have set prices for the different areas of town. The price list should be displayed on or near the dashboard, but whether it is or not is another question.

9. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:46 am, October 28, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus or grand taxi due to numbers

Last time I went they were completely ignoring those price boards! :/

I'm fine with Haggling and love the culture but the damn airport taxis really stress me out! Such a shame. That's what I'm dreading. Once I'm at the hotel I'll be good to go!