We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccinations for Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Vaccinations for Marrakech

Hi - quick question - just done some googling and it seems that Hep A, Hep B and Typhoid vaccinations are recommended for Marrakech. We are going next week. Any thoughts - are they necessary? Many thanks. Andy

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

well it is always recommended to have your vaccinations up to date but they are not particularly needed for Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

As always with questions of health consult your health professional, GP or clinic, for up to date advice. Leaving it this late (a week before departure?) is never a good idea (some immunisations can take weeks to be effective). You should be OK especially if you have been immunized for hep A&B and typhoid before but it makes sense to seek proper medical advice and not on a travel forum. This is a topic which has frequently been asked before.

Welcome to the Marrakech forum Andy H.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

Thanks. Andy

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

I would agree with all the advice above. However, you might care to follow this link to find that currently offered on the National Health Service website: fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/africa/moro… .

Whenever I have my needs checked by my GP before a trip, it seems he logs on to this site. Of course, the advice provided is for Morocco generally rather than for Marrakech in particular.

I don't know if this information will make you feel better or worse .....

Edited: 10:08 am, July 25, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

Yes, the NHS website is very useful. I am not aware of any health problems specific to Marrakech as opposed to Morocco in general but any info we can garner is of course useful. Thanks Alan.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

Thanks, Pilobolus. It's good to be able to chip in from time to time. I was actually thinking of health problems mentioned on the fitfortravel site for Morocco that might not be an issue in Marrakech itself - and I'm not just thinking of altitude sickness! Only recently has the warning of malarial risk through a band of territory running from just to the north-east of Marrakech to just beyond Fes, mercifully been removed.

7. Re: Vaccinations for Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 27, 2014