We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

hello all,

Im looking to book today if possible for a holiday in Marrakech, my mum and I are looking for an all inclusive hotel as near to everything as possible. Any comments greatly appreciated. We don't mind walking but don't want to do the London Marathon from hotel to the square.

Thanks Guys

Cheryl x

Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

The AI hotels are located away from the square, therefore you would need to use the hotel shuttle bus or taxis.

Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

thank you for your reply.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

With so much on offer you really need to narrow down exactly what it is you want in a hotel - what is non-negotiable and what can be compromised on.

As heresmyreply said, the AI complexes generally run along the lines of offering everything within the resort and they don't expect people to be making daily jaunts into the city. Therefore it doesn't matter that they are a distance away.

If you are looking for organised entertainment, easy alcohol access, lots of food, activities, spa, pool etc then AI is great. Otherwise you could look at hotels in the Ville Nouvelle that offer half board etc but are closer to the main attractions.

Another alternative is a hotel or riad in the medina where you would have the option of eating an evening meal there or outside in a café/restaurant etc.

If you click on "How to choose a riad" under Top Questions on the right of the page, there is a list of things you might want to consider. It primarily applies to riads but it can also apply to choosing a hotel, in terms of thinking about mobility issues etc.

Edited: 8:56 pm, July 10, 2013
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
113 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

Read my post on Riad Villa Harmonie.

They are all inclusive with their food, which is just quite delicious. You are very close to town, adn some fo the wonderful historical sites. There is a hammam just down the road - literally a few meters away. Or you can ask them to fire up theirs and you can have a hamman at the riad (not sure of cost though, if any). Catherine was also most helpful with things to do, and places to go, where to shop, and I did nto feel it was a sales pitch, or a reference to her "mates" She is french, and her flair for food comes out in the cooking. You will not go hungry - just writing this makes me taste her strawberries she makes! The Riad is so peaceful, and great gettaway from the hustle and bustle. We felt safe walking from the Riad to the square at night and back again, and the proximity to the town and a "larger road" meant that it was not far for the taxi to drop us off.

We were exceptionally comfortable, had hot water, it was clean and very neat, and I think that they have done a great job of making people feel very comfy. I highly recommend this spot as the pricing is exceptionally worth it.

5. Re: Hello, Please advise Marrakech Hotel.. Thank you

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014