We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of any COMPLETELY non-smoking hostels in Marrakech? (meaning that smoking is not allowed in the rooms, NOR in the common rooms, the entire building is smoke-free?) i am asking ONLY about hostels, and only hostels that have private rooms. I am not asking about hotels.

also:

does anyone know if Rainbow Marrakech is non-smoking?

how about Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, non-smoking?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
11. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

are there any other Marrakech or Essaouira hostels that are non-smoking that anyone can recommend?

thanks!

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
43 reviews
12. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

I stayed at Dar el Paco in Essaouira and would highly recommend it. I don't recall if it was specifically a 'non-smoking' establishment but, as like Hotel Cecil in Marrakech, it was not an obvious problem.

I posted a TA review about this place and this is their website, so if it interested you, you could always contact them and ask. http://dar-elpaco-essaouira.com/

Should add, I stayed here on recommendation of friends who, like me, are also non smokers (with sensitive noses ;-) ).

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
13. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

thanks so much!

any recommendations of things to do/see in Essaouira while i am there? also, is 1 day/1 night enough for Essaouira? i have heard that many people just do it as a day trip from Marrakech....

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
43 reviews
14. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

It depends a bit on what your interests are and how many other places you want to fit in on your time in Morocco. I went by morning bus from Marrakech, spent 3 nights there and then back on the morning bus. I enjoy walking round souks and sitting in cafes people watching so it was ideal for me.

15. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014