We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samanah Golf Resort

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
287 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Samanah Golf Resort

Hi

I am staying at a villa on the golf resort which I am renting through someone I have met via an internet website.

I have tried to conduct some research on the location but am somewhat confused. There are online plans which indicate the presence of a hotel, shops, 4 restaurants, piano bar and kids club. However in conversations with the owner of the villa, they have only mentioned the kids club and country club. Research has also indicated that there is a free shuttle bus from the resort into Marrakech.

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this? It'd be much appreciated!!

I have asked the owner of the resort, but as yet haven't had a response.

Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

Hi,

I don't know if you've seen this;

translate.google.com/translate…

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

basically Samanah has had a huge amount of financial troubles and delays in finishing the project - I havent actually been there for at least a year so dont know what stage everything is at.

I know the golf course and some villa phases are finished but I think some of the facilities might still be under construction.

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
287 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

Thanks both

I had seen the website so was a little confused about whether this had been completed or not. However, now I have a better understanding of why there is such limited information!!

Hoping there isn't too much construction to impact on our holidays!

4. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, July 16, 2013
5. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, July 16, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

Hi

How was the Samanah? Should we book to stay there?

Wales
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

It's the best course in Marrakech. Take plenty of balls for the closing three holes.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

Played Samanah in November 2013 and was so good, going back again in 2 weeks (March 2014). I have been lucky to play around the World and Samanah was in the top 5 I have played. Superb and very quiet.

Marseille, France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

Since two years I come every winter to practice at the Samanah GC. It's located only 15min from Marrakech airport. We usually rent a house on the course because it is very convenient. I have played all the courses in Marrakech and the Samanah is by far my favourite, they have Titleist nxt balls on the range and their Jack Niklaus Design course is very well maintained!

The food is also great and the clubhouse's view is priceless with the perspective on the 18th hole, water hazard and the Atlas mountain!

10. Re: Samanah Golf Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 25, 2015