We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

I'm going to Marrakech for a short business trip, attending conference at the Palais de Congres. I won't have much time to myself. I've stayed in the Palmerie before. So I guess I'm looking for something of reasonable standard but doesn't have to be luxury, something a bit more interesting than the usual business hotels, reasonably convenient for the conference centre, etc. Anyone got any recommendations? Or which of the business hotels are any good?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

If you want to be walking distance from the Palais de Congres then look at hotels in the Hivernage area, there are several on the main Avenue Mohamed VI - all much of a muchness to be honest so just check the reviews on here for guidance. A friend of mine got a good deal at the Opera Plaza Hotel recently and said it was good value as it is newer than most of the big hotels around there.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

For authenticity and not some generic business hotel in Guilez or Hivernage look to the riads in the medina. Only 15 dirhams and 10 minutes from the Palais de Congres by petit taxi. (You can even prebook a taxi vert for daily transfers.) And in the little amount of personal time that you have available you will be much closer to the heart of Marrakech with all of its attractions..

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

Thanks for that, most helpful.

4. Re: Where to stay for Palais de Congres trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 16, 2014