We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammam

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sussex uk
2 posts
Save Topic
Hammam

Has anyone heard of the Medina-Spa-Marrakech and if so is it worth a visit . I can only find reviews for the Atlas Medina Spa and it is not the same one. Many thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hammam

Hi,

http://www.medina-spa-marrakech.com/

is the one you want I think? There don't seem to be any reviews here on TA, maybe try another travel advice site.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hammam

Or this one?

ilove-marrakesh.com/medinaspa/index_en.html

You could also have a look at

www.hammamdelarose.com

for an upmarket hammam/spa experience. There are many others. Welcome to the Marrakech forum Caroline.

Watford,UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hammam

Hi Caroline . I also spotted the Medina spa being mentioned in a couple of blogs. It looks nice and has good value couples' packages which appeal to us . I don't know how soon you need to know but we are off to Marrakech soon and if we try it out I can report back in a couple of weeks . We have a shortlist of hammam Ziani , Medina or if we are feeling flush , Heritage hammam or the one in Maison MK.

I know these are all touristy ones but the reviews suggest we would like them . We have been to hammams before in Paris and Istanbul.

Our small country hotel at the start of our trip (Dar Nanka ) has a hammam too and as we will be relaxing there for a couple of days so we will probably end up trying it . If that is enough for us then we may not get round to trying another in the medina. Will report back !

sussex uk
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hammam

Hi UnaW, I will be going to Marrakech end of November with my daughter. Would really appreciate your feedback on hammams - I had thought of the hammam de la rose as well. Have a wonderful holiday and look forward to hearing about it. Caroline.

Watford,UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hammam

Well, we went last week so I can report back . Medina Spa is quite close to the Jemaa and easy to find. There were men with promotional leaflets trying to get customers in , similar to many other tourist hammams that we saw . Basically , you can pay very little and go with the locals, pay a medium amount ( eg £30 each ) in a tourist hammam or spend a huge amount eg £60 each in a luxurious one .

The two we found in the medium category which were near us were Ziani and Medina and in Medina we could go in together as a couple .

We paid 650dh for two of us . This was the Oriental package : for the hammam , a sugar scrub, some essential oils and a massage . I would say it was Ok , considering what we had paid. The building was clean . We were on our own with 2 hammam ladies for the steaming and scrubbing. I found it too hot for too long for me but they were very kind and made me comfortable .

The massage was good quality and very relaxing , done in an airy upstairs room.

It was not as luxurious as it seemed on its website . More sort of plain and functional and I suppose maybe I think we should have paid more for one of the other more luxurious options. But we were going to have an expensive meal out that night ( La Sultana ) and so it was a trade off !

Edited: 8:20 am, April 22, 2013
6. Re: Hammam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, April 24, 2014