We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Hi All,

Next Monday I fly to Marrakech and on my first holiday abroad with my girlfriend. I have decided I'd like to take the opportunity to propose and I have purchased a ring.

I am however, struggling a little with guides and what I can find to some good idea for where an how to propose. Ideally I feel this should be somewhere a little scenic/pretty, and somewhere where we are not around crowds of tourists would be good to.

I’ve tried a Google search of Marrakech proposals and the only real thing that has come up is taking a Caleche ride through the Palmerie at sunset. I like the sound of it and the Caleche’s but on reading about the Palmerie I am not sure if it too nice looking, parts in disrepair and rubbish around. Someone who has been might have to tell me otherwise.

We are likely to be going on a few day trips possibly to Alps areas and also and the waterfalls of Ouzoud which looks spectacular-I’m just unsure if there will be a quite place.

Its difficult as my girlfriend booked the holiday as my surprise for my birthday, I am only just beginning to learn about Marrakech and Morocco, Marrakech does also I believe have a backdrop of poverty, and this perhaps isn’t something that feels right to be on show at a proposal.

I would really appreciate any local help, or thoughts, you may make me and her (hopefully) have a very happy holiday.

I will be happy top post back on here in a couple of weeks with the results/pictures.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

I do like the riad idea, and I read these in other discussions. We aren’t stopping at a Riad though, we are stopping ant the Riu Tikka Palmerie hotel, which is quite a large site so it’s kind of squashed that idea. It’s a shame it that way buy I didn’t book the holiday/accommodation.

I wish something would jump out for me, it’s so hard when you can’t see these places, I need to hear of them from you people. It’s hard trying to gauge a place of a few crummy YouTube videos.

12. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:57 pm, July 20, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

Ouzoud is not that popular with foreign tourists as yet and if you go early on a weekday then there will be far less local tourists around so you should be able to find a quiet spot at the bottom somewhere.

But how are you planning on getting there? your hotel is quite isolated out of town which makes getting a private driver or hire car more difficult, and if you are going on a group guided tour then it might make it more difficult to find a private spot

I actually proposed abroad (Rome) as well and remember doing similar research online for the perfect spot!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

We would probably be going via one of the organised trips we can go on through the hotel of the travel agent (Thompson holidays) I believe we may have more than one choice who to go with, but like you I was thinking this might be less private. We would have no control over what time of day

Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

These are the excursion via thomson. it came give someone some ideas as you might have experienced them/similar and know nice spots

thomsonexcursions.co.uk/resort-excursions/00…

Thanks for your help guys

Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

I'll need to look into it -pictures and videos, in if I like I'd have to see how to arrange to get there and back. Thanks

Cumbria
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

I was refereeing to Cistern of the Portuguese City in El Jadida in my last post sorry

18. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

19. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Proposal in Marrakech - please help with ideas and places

what about having a double hamman and massage at one of the up-market spas? we loved this one

mythicoriental-spa.com/en/treatments-rates.h…

you could e-mail the spa beforehand and warn them of your plans. when we went to the above spa, appointments were staggered so that the rest areas and changing rooms etc were for you and your partner only.

pam