We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches in morocco

london
4 posts
Save Topic
beaches in morocco

Can anyone help me... we are staying one week in Marrakech at the end of June at Caravan Serai, then want to go to a nice beach location with a good hotel. Have bee looking at Heure Bleu in Essouira but lots of people have said that it is not practical to sunbathe on the beach. Are there any beautiful beaches with good hotels on the beach (near to marrakech) that we can stay for 3/4 nights? also have thought about Ouilidia and El Jadida???????

Also we want to possibly do a day camel trip to the atlas mountains , can we book this when we get there. Finally for our last 2 nights i have looked at Amanjena or Palais Rouls. Its my boyfriends birthday so i want something very special and luxurious.. Any help on beaches and resorts would be great!!!!

Many thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches in morocco

I would definitely recommend Oulidia for a couple of days. the beach is beautiful and the lagoon is quite tempting. It' s also the perfect place to eat sefood fish, especially mussels and lobsters. The place is very small so don't expect any nighhtlife there: no discos or bars but you can drink alcohol at the one of the restaurants there.

As for Amnjena it's grotesquely huge with sumptuous villas and few people around . if you' re looking for intimacy that's the place to be. the location isn't ideal for a short visits to the Medina. They have shuttle buses, however. whatever you do enjoy it.

Aday camel trip isn't into teh Atlas but in the desert and you'll need more than one day to do it. I'd recommend 2days with a night in Zagora to visit the sand dunes

need any help feel free to ask

all the best

london
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches in morocco

many thanks for this info. can we book atlas trips when we get there. was thinking about having a night at Kasbah Toubkal.. it looks beautiful!!!! Would you recommend any hotels in Ouilidia apart from Hippo Camp?

What is Agadir like? Heard it is a bit like Blackpool!!!!!!

Do you think 7 nights in Marrakech is too much? Bearing in mind we are in our 20's so will be going out and also like to spend a few days at Nikki Beach. Is there anywhere else in Marrakech like Nikki Beach?

Would be great if you could recommend any good restaurants and bars also?

Sorry for all the questions!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches in morocco

the trip to Kasbah toubkal is worth every penny of it. It' s the pefect place for relaxation. The hotel overlooks the snow capped Atlas mountains.

As for Agadir, it's mainly beaches, discos and bars. If you' re interested in nightlife that's the place to be.

In Oulidia you can try

L'Initiale Hotel Restaurant

and enjoy seafood __ the best of the country

One never tires of Marrakech. People go and come back. As long as you have a pool and A/C in your room you'll enjoy it

There are good restaurants in Marrakech including, but not limited to, Dar Moha , Elfassia, Tobsil, Diaffa . As for bars/discos you can try le Pacha, le comptoir, Bo zin and la maison Arabe ( international bar where they serve some savoury tapas).

Oasiria is also worth a day, although it's it 's meant for kids ( slides , and tobogans,) it's alo refreshing

need more help feel free to ask

cheers

Fort Lauderdale
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches in morocco

How was caravan serai? I am thinking of staying there in December? Also, how many days would you recommend in Marrakech?

5. Re: beaches in morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 22, 2009