We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 year old student travelling alone to Marrakech in 2 weeks

Market Drayton...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
19 year old student travelling alone to Marrakech in 2 weeks

Hi everyone,

I'm a 19 year old student who will be visiting Marrakech in two weeks time, arriving on the 27th March and departing on 31st March. I will be staying at Riad La Croix Berbere.

Any advice would be welcome! I plan to do all the usual tourist things, but since I'm travelling alone should there be any areas that I should avoid?

I'll be there for 5 days and don't plan on spending a fortune since I'm a student, but will be visiting some restaurants and buying some souvenirs; does anyone have any advice on how much money I will need roughly?

Also if anyone is in Marrakech during this time and would like to meet up, just let me know!

I hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks

Ryan :)

M & A Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 19 year old student travelling alone to Marrakech in 2 weeks

Hi,

Both the Hotel Ali and the Grand Hotel Tazi near the square attract young travellers.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 19 year old student travelling alone to Marrakech in 2 weeks

Hi - not sure if this is on your list of things to do, but make sure you visit the Ben Youssef Medersa. It's a really beautiful building and court yard and out of the attractions in the city, it was probably the most impressive in my opinion.

13. Re: 19 year old student travelling alone to Marrakech in 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2014