We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Hi, me and my fiancee are going to Marrakech on Tuesday and we want a chill out morning and/or afternoon at a rooftop cafe or restaurant - can anyone recommend one in or close to the Medina/markets please.

Thanks! :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Cafe Arabe (actually a restaurant) on Rue Mouassine, 5 minutes from Djemma al Fna, for lunch. Very pleasant terrace and Moroccan/Italian cuisine. Licensed for alcohol. Or in the morning you could try one of the several cafes bordering the square to enjoy the shennanigans below!

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

What about Kosy bar , over looking Bahia palace . Nice menu , chill out ambience etc .

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Thank you - will take a look :)

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

The Kosybar only opens at midday and therefore not suitable for morning refreshments. Otherwise a great spot for lunch, people and stork watching. Sushi and French cuisine.

NY
Level Contributor
502 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Check out the roof at the new Delano Hotel, about a ten minute walk from the Medina.

Pisa, Italy
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Just had lunch at Cafe Arabe. It was quite lovely, and so, too, was the wine list.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Actually, I wasn't impressed with Cafe Arabe. But then we were time poor when we stopped there for lunch. May be better if you have plenty of time to sit back & relax, which you are obviously planning on doing. A bit pricey for Moroccan standards IMO.

What about Maison du Photographie? They have a small rooftop cafe with a view. Reasonable prices too.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

I really liked the rooftop cafe at Maison de la Photographie - gives a different view of the medina than the usual spots around the square, nice Atlas views on a clear day as well.

However I am not sure if you can go up there without paying entrance to the museum? Although it is well worth a visit for anyone who hasnt been

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooftop Restarant/Cafe

Yes Nibrika, you are right, you would have to visit the photography museum first and pay the entrance fee (and I can't remember what that was). Good if you like history & photography but probably not worthwhile if this bores you. Thanks for pointing that out.