We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

We are traveling (4 teenagers and 2 parents) to Morrocco. Some older posts have really slammed Air Maroc. Has anyone travelled more recently on it and can comment on the planes, service, safety....

The flights would work out better connection wise for us but if we are going to be miserable on these long flights then I would opt not to put ourselves into that situation.

I would really appreciate some honest opinions.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

I was flying more times with Air Maroc, last time even to Cameroon from Brussel via Casa and it was really pleasant flight. Good food, good service, cannot complain over anything.

Edited: 11:26 am, March 06, 2013
London, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

crap mate...i traveled in march last year...they don't do a safety check like the major airlines...food wasn't bad, service...they don't really care as long as you don't break anything...

**this is my opinion based on my experience. things may well have changed so don't take it as it is**

3. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:33 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

I took three flights with RAM in 2007 and after encountering two issues I decided to put them on my "only fly with them if there is no better option" list. In 2007 the in-flight service was in Arabic and French.

In the last year I have taken a number of internal and long haul flights with RAM - because there was no better option! - and I have been pleasantly surprised by the improvement.

All announcements are made in English as well as Arabic and French. The food is typical airline food. The service was good and all flights were on time.

They follow normal safety standards - as they did before.

Some of their planes have new interiors whilst others require re-upholstering.

I have now removed RAM from my "only fly with them if there is no better option" list!

5. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:33 am, October 29, 2013
NZ
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

I've used them 3 times to and from Europe over the last 18 months. No problems. Once the plane had an older style fitout and the seat was uncomfortable but I mentioned to the steward that as I have an artificial leg I was a bit cramped and could I move and he found me a seat with far more space (and moved my day pack for me). Foods typical of short haul service food and no better or worse than anyone elses.

7. Re: Air Maroc...is it really bad or just not great?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 08, 2014