We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have just booked and have a few questions!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
We have just booked and have a few questions!

My fiancé and I have just booked for 1 week in the Riu Tikida Garden at the start of May and I have a couple of questions!

1)How much spending money would you recommend taking for 1 week? We are staying all inclusive but I would like to do a bit of shopping!

2)Is it likely that we will get any 'hassle' for sharing a room and not being married yet?

We are travelling with First Choice and they have not mentioned anywhere that unmarried couples can't share a room so I am assuming we will be okay! From what I have read it seems to be just that unmarried Moroccans cannot share a room. Is this correct?

Thanks so much!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Actually, the RIU chain has excellent food including one night of Moroccan food. You've already paid for it. Eat at the hotel.

I never recommend carrying around cash in any currency as it becomes too attractive a target to steal. Bank card is the best way to go making sure your bank knows you are going.

12. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:02 am, October 29, 2013
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

Thank you for all your help everyone!

Dixon
Level Contributor
159 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

My most surprising cost was transportation for 12 days. No tours, just getting from one city to another by train and grand taxi.

Big hint--buy all your expensive souvenirs in the last couple of days before leaving the country. Embarrassed to admit we bought carpets on day 2 and carried them around for a week (50 lbs) plus luggage. Our arms were tired and shipping them home cost over $450.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

interesting point john. article 490 is the relevant law. but if we follow your implication, that the article refers to non-muslims, then ALL non-muslims are in breach of it when sharing a room! even those with perfectly good marriages. because, marriage as defined in that article, is muslim marriage.

ho hum.

16. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:03 am, October 29, 2013
Edited: 9:03 am, October 29, 2013
17. Re: We have just booked and have a few questions!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 15, 2014