We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
26 posts
196 reviews
2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Hi all,

I was looking for a trip from Marrakech for 2 days and 1 night (I don't have more time unfortunatly), which includes going to Ouarzazate, Zagora, sleeping in a Haima, then back to Hasbah Ait Ben Haddou and Marrakech. Is this a real desert experience or not far enough? Is the travelling too much on the road? I've read it's about 6 hours to Zagora..

Thank you!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Hi,

The vast majority of people would say you cannot visit the desert on such a short trip so suggest you leave it until you have more time. I guess you want rolling sand dunes etc. You can't get there in a 2 day trip I'm afraid and companies who offer this are misleading you.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
26 posts
196 reviews
2. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Thank you very much for the quick answer! So given what you say, which day excursion would you recommend us to do? Visit Ait-Ben-Haddou?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

How long do you have in Morocco?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

I think Ait Bennhaddou is a very pleasant day trip from Marrakech. We hired a driver and left mid morning. Glorious drive and a few hours to explore and we were back in Marrakech early evening.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
26 posts
196 reviews
5. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Thank you all for your replies! @shimmin2robertson we'll be 3 nights in Marrakech!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

I not recommend you to do this trip in only 2 days, 1 night. You can never have a real desert experience of this short and stressful trip, you need at least 3-4 days.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
9,905 posts
388 reviews
7. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

enjoy your 3 nights in marrakech..there is so much to see and do...

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Hi,

For a day trip my preference is Ouirgane and the Plateau de Kik. Lunch at Chez Momo and maybe a guided walk through Berber villages make for a great day out of town.

Edited: 6:09 pm, February 06, 2013
Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
9. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

Don't waste your time going to Zagora, it's a long drive from Marrakech up to there, then back the other day so much tiring with nothing really worth i totally agree with all the advices given to you here, make a Day Trip to the High Atlas Mountains, or to Essaouira Much better, postpone your desert trip until next time when you have time to start your trip from the other side going from Fes to the Desert f the Erg Chebbi, via the Road of Thousands Kasbahs to Marrakech there is so much to see and experience, as you have to spend at least 2 night there, one in a hotel and one under the stars in the desert with a real Experience by the Erg Chebbi sand dunes.

10. Re: 2 days 1 night trip to Zagora with sleep in desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 08, 2014