We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere to stay in marrakech

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
somewhere to stay in marrakech

I'm planning a trip to Marrakech with some girlfriends in August and am overwhelmed by the choice of Riads and hotels! Any recommendations for somewhere to stay? - We want to be able to lounge by the pool by day perhaps with a cocktail or two and would like to venture into the medina at night to sample some of the madness!!! We'd prefer not to stay in a generic hotel though I have looked at the Delano.

Help!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somewhere to stay in marrakech

Hi,

Your first step should be to look in the hotels tab on the left of the page. Set parameters regarding price, pool etc to narrow things down and send a few messages to reviewers of Riads that you fancy.

Individual recommendations on the open forum may be from people who only have experience of one Riad on their only visit so you'll get a wider choice if you do a bit of searching by the method I suggest.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somewhere to stay in marrakech

I have been doing an extensive search on riads, and am really having trouble deciding. They all look so wonderful and the price is fairly much the same (50 Euro) and they are all roughly in the same area. The reviews are also all fairly similar. Here are some my choices:

Riad l'Oiseau

Riad Safa

L'Heure d'Ete

Mon Riad

Just to name a few.

I would be open to any ideas about these are any other not already mentioned.

Cheers,

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somewhere to stay in marrakech

Hi,

Sorry to repeat myself Taradog66 and if you don't think it helpful advice but;

Send a few messages to reviewers of Riads that you fancy (you do this by clicking on their name and a send message option appears on the left side of their profile page).

Individual recommendations on the open forum may be from people who only have experience of one Riad on their only visit so you'll get a wider choice if you do a bit of searching by the method I suggest.

I could personally recommend many more Riads than the ones you list but my choices would not be the same as yours.

Sorry but it really does involve a bit of work on your part to find the Riad that suits your needs best ;-)

Edited: 8:17 pm, January 20, 2013
4. Re: somewhere to stay in marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 22, 2014