We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

We are arriving tomorrow morning for 3 days, and I'd like some very current advice on how the weather is looking - I've read several conflicting weather reports so I'm a bit stumped.

We will be heading out at night a fair bit so I assumed it will be cold enough - but is a macintosh/belted jacket enough, or are the locals wearing proper coats?

May seem like a silly question, but I'm doing carry on baggage only, so I don't want to lug my London coat around if it's unneccessary.

Any last minute advice welcome!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

Coat for nights definately recommended - 4 degrees Celsius last night!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

don't underestimate the usefulness of a coat when travelling handbaggage only. take one with big pockets, and use the extra luggage space to the max! wear your coat at check-in and at the boarding gate. then it is clothing, not luggage.

pam

Edited: 8:47 am, January 17, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

Im in Marrakech now and it is VERY cold at night so coat and maybe even hat is essential!

it is blue sky and sun in the day but even then I am wearing my coat most of the time

Many restaurants, cafes etc do not have any heating so it is not unusual to see people wearing coats, hats and scarfs even when inside!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

Of course everything is relative: the overnight forecast for Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) is minus 29 degrees. Marrakech seems somewhat balmy in comparison!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

I will be flying home tomorrow night and definately needed the coat, scarf and fringed light wool wraparound I brought. All can be worn at once( my infamous layering!!) to travel in... saving space for other stuff in your bag.

I've found it very cold at night but the sun has shone brilliantly in the day so all the layers are shed as the day gets warmer!!!

Edited: 4:55 pm, January 17, 2013
Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

You need some light cotton Jackets, it's a bit chilly during the Night and warm by the day Time, there is a very good weather time in Morocco.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

Boo,

Just to wish you a wonderful time when you arrive tomorrow, hope you enjoy Marrakech. I am so sorry to be leaving tomorrow but know we will be back late in the year:))

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

Thanks very much everyone! I have listened and am bringing both a light jacket for day and my coat for night.

(Now off to bed as I have a very early flight)

Cheers

9. Re: Marrakech this weekend - do I need a coat?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 19, 2014