We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hi

Yesterday we booked to go to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie for a week early Feb, I havent done much research as yet, but its a place weve always wanted to go, what are the must see tours days out, I have got a few things on my list like the tannery, Cascades of Ouzoud, Julie would like to go up into the Rif mountains so we would be grateful for any more day trips out, and the best way to travel, look forward to your suggestions and replies

Dave N Julie

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

The Rif mountain range Dave? Surely you mean the High Atlas from Marrakech? The Cascades d'Ouzoud are well worth the visit and in the High Atlas day trips to Imlil or Ouirgane are also good. Be prepared for a lot of hard sell at the tanneries. Have a great trip!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I know I wrote it at 6am LOL I meant Atlas dunno why I wrote Rif, I noticed but it had gone past the edit time were allowed :( LOL thanks will check those places out, yeah we expect that at the tanneries, theyll get nowt out us theyll end up owing us LOL thanks for your help :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Know what it's like! Here are some more suggestions (from "Things to Do" at the top left of your screen:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293734-Activiti…

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Thanks yeah already checked those out I really meant the special little hidden gems that folks find

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Hi,

Here is where the old trusty search box could help. Type "hidden" or something similar into the box and have a look at the numerous posts you'll find from people who have taken the time to send their ideas and experiences.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Thanks I will try that :) but still like to hear anyone else's hidden gems suggestions

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Has anyone done a hot air balloon flight

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
8. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Click here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=9196&geo=293734&scope=2&q=hot+air+ballooning&returnTo=__2F__&sub-search.x=12&sub-search.y=6

Link not highlighted - copy and paste into your browser or simply type "hot air ballooning" into the search box above.

Edited: 6:15 am, January 19, 2013
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Thanks Id done a search I was just wondering if its best to do it early morning or in the evening and which companies are reputable?

Edited: 6:17 am, January 19, 2013
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Just watched some great vidoes of the ballooning and found Ciel d'Afrique Hot Air Ballooning, I hadnt realised there were so many balloons