We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Morocco

Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
10 days in Morocco

My family has 10 days in Morocco this March. We definitely want to go to Marrakech. Half of us want to then see the dunes near Zagora and half want to see Essaouira. If we are renting a car to get around, would it be crazy to try to do all of the above in 10 days? We don't really want to remember the trip as being rushed and carsick. I think the dunes will be great to visit during March, but I am not sure that making the trip to Essaouira in March is worth it. Looking for experienced feedback. Thanks.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Morocco

Travelling to Zagora (a modern administrative and market town) is usually undertaken to go further into the desert fringes. You would need three days or more to make this worthwhile. However you can easily fit in an overnight stay in the charming coastal town of Essaouira and another overnighter in the Atlas mountains to provide contrast.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,395 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Morocco

+1 for Pilo's comments. From Zagora you need to travel 100km south by tarmac road to M'hamid, then another 40km west over sandy tracks to Erg Chigaga.

I'd suggest four days rather than three but then you could incorporate visits to the ancient library at Tamegrout, Ouarzazate film studios, the ksar of Ait Benhaddou, the Glaoui kasbah at Telouet, and so on.

That still leaves you with three days for the Essaouira trip and three days in Marrakech.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Morocco

for the most poeple, they like to do the trip in Merzouga specialy in erg chebbi the high dune in sahara, aout essaouira in this period it's not good becasue it will be a lot of wind ...

4. Re: 10 days in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, January 12, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Morocco

Re post #3. The majority of my guests prefer visiting Essaouira as there is much, much more to do and see.

6. Re: 10 days in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2014