We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

new york
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

Hi all! My wife and I have 10 days booked in Morocco this february and are trying to firm up our plans/itinerary. Unfortunately the only non-stop flights we could get to Morocco from NYC was to Casablanca. Before I spend another $800 to book us a flight from Casablanca to Marrakech and back I wanted to ask the people with experience how much it would cost to take a car and what kind of travel time/ride it is??? The only thing we have booked so far is 4 nights at Riad Kniza at the beginning of our trip. We are open to suggestions but thinking about staying around Marrakech for the entire trip and allowing the vacation to be more relaxing. Cheers!

1. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:28 am, October 29, 2013
Edited: 9:28 am, October 29, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

Husband and I have booked 5 days trip to Morocco this month. We will be arriving and departing from Casa. Can some one advise how long it takes by train from Casablanca airport to Marrakesh?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

$200 X 2 to Marrakesh and $200 x 2 return = $800.

Maybe look at a train.

4. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:28 am, October 29, 2013
Edited: 9:28 am, October 29, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

John, my apologies I missed the "return" bit in your post.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

The cost of a private driver transfer from Casablanca airport to Marrakech Medina is 170 USD each way.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

I would only take the internal flight if the flight timings were more convenient than driving.

The drive to Marrakech takes about 3 hours and is a straight-forward drive along the highway. The highway is a toll road which is not usually busy.

The train is the cheapest option but, dependent on your flight times, you could be waiting for the train.

Riad Kniza is an excellent choice. It's beautiful.

8. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

Removed on: 9:27 am, October 29, 2013
9. Re: Drive from Marrakech to Casablanca

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, January 06, 2014