We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

Hi

I am just home after a week in Marrakech. I have very dry skin now and an itchy rash. It seemed to just be on one arm whilst there, but is now over my back and legs and is really itchy. Is there any help anyone can recommend or is it just a case of going to my docs?

Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

Hi,

I'd say go to your doctor rather than ask complete strangers on a travel forum for medical advice.

If, once you've seen the Doctor, the diagnosis is not bed bugs you should say so rather than accuse the hotel first.

Edited: 7:54 am, December 23, 2012
Dundee, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

Thanks for your reply. I have travelled extensively in the past 20 years and am in excellent health at the age of 40 so I am sure I was bitten at the hotel. I thought the hotel was good and clean and know that being bitten by bugs is nothing to do with cleanliness. I left the cleaner a tip and was happy with my room. I just mentioned the hotel in case it was the time of year for a certain type of bug and also to see if anyone else had a problem and some advice. I was not slating the hotel, but it is Xmas and getting to see a doctor at the moment is difficult. Thank you for your post.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

I'm thinking it may be an allergic reaction to something you ate or maybe even the detergent used to clean the hotel bed sheets.

I think the title you chose for your posting is unfortunate and unfair.

4. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:59 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

See also the recent thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k547…

that this emotive subject evokes.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

In 40 years of visiting Morocco I've only encountered bed bugs twice (both times, as it happens, in Chefchaouen, once in 1974, once in 2010).

As John W writes, bed bugs leave a distinctive trail of bites close together in a line. And you will know this immediately, not a week afterwards!!

It sounds like you have an allergic reaction similar to that which arises through biological soap powder.

Not fair to blame the hotel. :(

Edited: 12:49 pm, December 23, 2012
Dundee, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

I do not have sensitive skin and am not allergic to anything. I noticed my symptoms whilst away a few days in to my trip. I will consult my doctor after the Xmas holiday. Thanks for the posts.

8. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:59 am, October 29, 2013
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,125 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

and is there some reason that, "a few days into my trip"that you didn't ask someone in morocco what this rash could be

?? like starting with the rui?? they must have a medical person of some kind, there, or near by?

very unfair header, for sure.....

and i agree, ask the forum for advice on medical advice...

Edited: 3:23 pm, December 23, 2012
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bed bugs in marrakech rui tikida gardens

I well remember an experience I had at the end of July 2009. I had to go out of Morocco to renew my visa, and so went to Ceuta for a week. After that I decided to visit Larache on my way back to my home in Taroudant. While there, I broke out in a terrible rash that ended up all over me which I had not experience before nor have I since.

I simply went to the nearest pharmacy. The woman in charge took one look at me and knew just what I needed. It was Hives. She gave me a cream and some pills, both of which I used according to her instructions, and shortly after I returned home my problem had disappeared.

The person who posted this thread could have done the same thing.