We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saadian Tombs

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Saadian Tombs

Assuming not walkable from Marrakech (Guilez area? (As Ive never found them?)

How much should I expect to pay a petit taxi pls?

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saadian Tombs

It's very long walk as you will need to take a petit Taxi from Geluize to Bab Agnaou which is the nearest place to the Saadien Tombs, you will pay around 20Dirhams maximum.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saadian Tombs

I walk almost everywhere when in Marrakech. Only times I use a taxi to my hotel is when it's dark and I don't fancy walking.

Saadiad tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens) can be tricky as the entrance is very narrow and can easily be passed by.

When entering you may be asked if you want a guide, at a price. I don't know what the guide will charge but you can get all the info you need from any guide book. Last time I went in, the fee was a mere 10Dh.

If you need a map showing where it is then click my name and send me a pm with your e-mail.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saadian Tombs

kickinchicken! You will need to say where you are intending to based again as Avenue Mohammed V is a very long thoroughfare through the centre of the new town, Guilez, as you know. As HamidB says Bab Agnaou is the nearest gate to the Saadian tombs and easily done by taxi. However from Djemma al Fna a twenty minute walk south will easily be accomplished. No need for a guide as the tombs are very small and a guidebook, as john reports, will give you the historical details. From the centre of Guilez expect to pay NO more than 15 dirhams on the meter.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saadian Tombs

Hi,

There is a new entrance to the Kasbah where the tombs are located. From the square walk down Rue Bab Agnaou (with all the pavement cafes, Patisserie de Prince etc) until you reach the Grand Hotel Tazi. Turn left after the hotel and cross over the road in front of you. Walk up the road on the left of the crumbling ramparts past all the grand taxis and within 5 minutes you'll see the new entrance. Follow the round metal ball lined road and keep left when it opens out and the tombs are are at the end of the paved area on the left hand side after the mosque. 10 minutes walk from the square.

5. Re: Saadian Tombs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 18, 2013