We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

Travel to Morroco on passport which expires in under 6 months

Hi,

I booked a short trip to Marrakech, Morroco from 17th December to 20th December 2012. I later found out (on irish foreign affairs website) that apparently your EU passport should technically be valid for 6 months but mine expires in April 2013. I have looked on the Morroco foreign affairs website also and it says (in french) for package hotels (return/roundtrip flights) you just need a passport which covers the length of stay in Morroco. Has anyone else been to Morroco for a short stay on passport which expires in less than 6 months. Should I try and get an emergency passport or will I be ok? I've seen some other posts saying people have had no problems and have also asked the Riad we'll be staying at and they seem to think it will be no problem either.

thanks

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

Good update, make sure you have a copy of the email with you (just incase you have any problems)

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,969 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

Yup, per my comment in response #3 (if you are entering with a return flight booked the period of validity can be less).

Good to know you're all sorted. Have a good trip.

Edited: 6:31 am, December 07, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

I had no problem entering Morocco on my passport (which expired in less than 6 months). They stamped it at the border no problem. I loved Morocco!

Happy New Year all!

Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

I have booked to go to Maarakech tomorrow- last minute for 5 nights- my daughters passport expires on August 13th and mine on July 16th 2013. I am having a major anxiety attack as today is Sunday and no where is open to check. We are flying Easy jet and their policy is a valid passport- no time limit specified. We both have a full 3 months on our passports which is what I'm reading is acceptable- can anyone advise me- thankyou!

15. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:07 am, October 29, 2013
Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

Thank you- but the threads are mixed with some advice saying you need 6 months, some saying its completely fine. We have checked in for the flights both there and back on line and that went through ok. Would you suggest trying to get an email from the Morrocan Consulate?

17. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Sheffield, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

ok - thanks for your replies- fingers crossed all will be well. So looking forward to visiting Marrakech!

19. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Travel to Morroco - passport which expires in under 6 months

My irish/EU passport had less than 6 months (greater than 3 months) to the expiry date when i entered Morroco (marrakech). I had no problems. They stamped my passport with visa at entry and exit. This was in December 2012.