We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

What is the typical time it would take to drive from Fez to Marrakesh for 22/ December/2012, as in hours.

My husband and I want to drive to see the villages, countryside etc., but if it is just too much stress and/or too long, I would appreciate the advice before we rent the car for the day.

I am sure it is posted someplace in the forum, but can't find it and would like to reserve the car.

Cheers !!!

{z}}}

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

You can drive from Fes via Rabat, Casablanca by the Highway takes about 7 Hours as it's the quickest and easiest way from Fes to Marrakech.

You can also drive via the Mountains as you can see in the Map the Both locations, but through the atlas Mountains is a bit hard and has so long drive, as you can enjoy the countryside, and the Small Villages, which can take about 08 Hours with the hectic of the Merchandise Cars, so this is depends on your travel interests.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

The motorway route is more stress free, but it's the long way round compared to taking the N8 national road via Azrou, Khenifra and Beni Mellal.

The N8 runs in the lee of the Middle Atlas rather than through the mountains. It's the best part of an all-day journey and passes through several small towns.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,109 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

We did it recently and I really wouldn't recommend it. There are of course some interesting parts but a great deal of time is through red hills and plains and towns all coloured by the red soil and it does rather go on and on and on. With a driver and two short stops it took us about 8.5 hours.

…blogspot.com.au/2012/11/morocco-to-marrakec…

4. Re: Driving from Fez to Marrakesh ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013